Our KN95 mask is a particulate-filtering face piece respirator that meets the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) KN95 classification of air filtration, meaning that it filters at least 95% of airborne particles.
The KN95 mask requires a fine mesh of synthetic polymer fibers, also known as nonwoven polypropylene fabric, which is produced through a process called melt blowing that forms the inner filtration layers that filters out hazardous particles.
The KN95 mask is made from five layers of material
- The inside layer is Polypropylene spunbond non-woven fabric which absorbs the exhaled heat keeping the users skin dry and comfortable
- The 2nd and 3rd layers are both made of meltblown non-woven which filters non-oily particles in the air.
- The 4th layer is filter cotton allowing the user to breath easily.
- The outside layer is polypropylene spunbound non-woven fabric, which effectively blocks visible objects such as droplets.
- The mask has an adjustable 3D Nose Contouring Design comfortably fits the users face without feeling restrained.